Church of San Filippo Neri

click here for the photogallery

The Church of San Fillippo Neri is one of the rare examples of the Baroque style in the center of Florence. In 1640 the fathers of the Monastic Order of San Filippo, who came to Florence from Rome, received as a gift from Pope Urbano VIII the area and created a large complex comprising convent, church and chapel dedicated to the Saint, who was one of the protagonists of the Controriforma.

The church has an interior adorned and decorated with marble, sculptures, reliefs, frescoes that respond to a single plan, so the church is a sort of gallery of Florentine art of the 17th and 18th Century.

Image Gallery

pix pix pix pix pix pix

Contact Us

Florence International Choir Festival

Via Campoli, 29
50020 Mercatale in Val di Pesa, Firenze - ITALY
Phone: +39 339 8362788
Registered office:
viale Eleonora Duse, 12 - 50137 Firenze
CF 94182950488 PI 06051270483

in cooperation with: