Santa Trinita

click here for the photogallery

Santa Trinita (Holy Trinity) is situated in the centre of Florence, few steps from the Arno river and the magnificent homonymous bridge, the Ponte Santa Trinita. It is the mother church of the Vallumbrosan Order of monks, founded in 1092 by a Florentine nobleman. The church is famous for its Sassetti Chapel, containing notable frescoes by Domenico Ghirlandaio, ranked amongst 15th century painting's masterworks. The current church was constructed in 1258-1280 over a pre-existing 11th century church. Multiple reconstructions occurred thereafter. The Mannerist façade (1593-1594) was designed by Bernardo Buontalenti The relief over the central door of the Trinity was sculpted by Pietro Bernini. The 17th century wooden doors were carved to recall saints of the Vallumbrosan order. The church is wonderfully located in the heart of the shopping area, the famous Via Tornabuoni which hosts the most importants italian and international fashion brands as Ferragamo, Gucci, Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli among others.

Image Gallery

pix pix pix pix pix pix

Contact Us

Florence International Choir Festival

Address:
Via Campoli, 29
50020 Mercatale in Val di Pesa, Firenze - ITALY
Phone: +39 339 8362788
E-mail: info@florencechoirfestival.com
Registered office:
ENSEMBLE SAN FELICE
viale Eleonora Duse, 12 - 50137 Firenze
CF 94182950488 PI 06051270483

in cooperation with: